A Himalayan salt lamp adds a warm glow to any room but it does more than look pretty. As the salt warms, it gives off negative ions which bind with toxins in the air, neutralizing them. It eliminates all kinds of odors, even cigarette smoke and cooked cabbage. I’ve used them in a flooded basement to get rid of mold with 100% success. I’ve had asthmatic customers report that a salt lamp in the bedroom reduces incidences of nighttime asthma attacks. If you like clean, fresh air, if you have indoor pets, if you have asthma or bronchitis you will see positive benefits from a salt lamp.