Spider Bite

Share This Page

glue trapSPIDER BITE:  I’ve had lots of experience with spider bites including the brown recluse, a highly poisonous spider.  The first I usually notice of a spider bite is itching and a blister and slight swelling and redness.  If it’s a more venomous spider like the brown recluse, you usually notice it right away.  Immediate itching soon followed by burning.  This spider’s venom is a neurotoxin (kills nerves) and you can even feel it burning as it moves.

First priority, especially with a brown recluse, is to draw the venom out and to keep it from spreading the damage.  You can do this by making a paste of Bentonite Clay and water and apply it generously to the bite site.  Cover it securely with a band aid or bandage.  Replace this poultice two or three times daily.  How do you know when to quit?  The redness, swelling, itching or burning will be gone.

I will take Burdock Root capsules to cleanse the blood.   This is an important step to mop up any venom still in your body.  And, please, drink lots of clean water.  Let’s dilute the bad stuff as quickly as possible so it does not damage on the way out.

Here’s an interesting bit of trivia.  One of the most venomous spiders is the Daddy Long Legs (yes, the one you used to play with as a kid).  Its problem and our salvation is that its mouth is too small to bite us.  If you suspect a problem with spiders in your house or apartment,  you can always set traps.  Put one under your bed; you’ll sleep better at night.

Mickey Thienes

About Mickey Thienes

Discover the hidden secrets nature has to offer. For over 25 years, I have been teaching people how to use natural herbs to make homeopathic remedies, tonics, elixirs, tinctures, formulas and secret recipes to relieve the symptoms of common ailments, protect your health and live a vibrant healthy life. – Mickey Ann Thienes